Neuro Regurgitation

just some random thoughts of mine and a place to put stuff I want to share...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

42?

So what is the meaning? Is there a meaning? Who am I? Am I?

Just kidding. But really, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life, tossing up ideas, trying to decide what to start, what to continue.

A year ago I had a plan that was going to change my life. I was going to move to Canterbury, do SLT and become a Speech and Language Therapist.

Now I am doing Pychology and kind of wondering why. I liked it, but I don't want to do it. I'm thinking of doing Linguistics this year, it's always been something that I've been interested in - in school I enjoyed English and found it really easy. I really enjoyed Linguistics last year but I guess the thought is that it won't take me anywhere.

It used to be pretty simple for women - get married, have babies. That's it. Some people attribute the so-called "Quarter-life crisis" to women's changing roles in society. Women used to have to be a mum and run a family. They were busy and had to carry on. Now we have options and responsibility and it's all fairly foreign. Jobs and careers are making women less dependant on men. This has a knock-on effect with men and causes them to become less important to women.

Men are a nice side dish these days and certainly not the main course.

Anyway, I digress. I'm trying to sort my shit out. To do Linguistics or to not do Linguistics. To be a grown up, or to not be a grown-up.

I guess, following on from the Quarter-Life Crisis thing, I'm kind of realising that maybe I need to start thinking about supporting myself a bit more. I would love to meet someone who I could be with for ever but the reality of it is that I do have to consider the option that I will have to support myself financially...

I'm not trying to be all "poor me, poor me".. just reaching a point where I realise that I could stuff around at uni for the next five years or I could earn a living and slowly decide what I want to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 pm, Blogger Barzoomian said…

    "..stuff around at Uni for the next five years..." What's wrong with that?

     
  • At 5:20 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Nothing, as long as I want to do what I'm 'stuffing around at uni' doing....

     
  • At 11:34 pm, Blogger turtlesandduck said…

    rachel never give what u aim at what u want in life

     

Post a Comment

<< Home